The next stage
I’ve had a surprising number of conversations recently with people who are planning to move from one stage to the next – personally or in their business.
What usually comes with this is a sense that “I’ve never done this before.” So big disorientation and unsettledness.
Everything seems upside down.
I’ve found some powerful principles which help me and my clients, including:
- Examine what’s changing, and more important, what’s not changing
- Get grounded on your deeper purpose, goals, and values
- Be aware of and acknowledge your feelings, likely quite mixed
- Look for help and support
- Take inspiration by what’s possible
- Be open to discovery, even playful
It’s always scary to jump from the known-and-comfortable into the unknown. But the fact is that we’ve all been doing this during our lives, to varying degrees. So as you become more experienced, you should have created some tools which help you to navigate through times of transition.
But it doesn’t feel that way. It feels risky.
If you’re looking toward a BIG transition, consider talking things through with a trusted friend, mentor, or coach. I know that’s one of the things that helps me!
I’ve written an e-book which gives you six specific ways to build an amazing, powerful, profitable business that will change the world. Check it out!